Timing belt kit components
In the timing belt kit, there are components such as moving idler or time bearing and fixed idler. The parts of these components, such as belts and bearings, have a certain lifespan, and when the lifespan of these parts reaches the end, there is a need to replace them.
Timing belts with different brands, such as Italy’s Daiko timing belt and Belgium’s Power Grip timing belt, have different lifespans because they are produced by different factories. But the average time to replace all timing belts is 4 years or 60,000 kilometers. After this time, the belt will rot and tear.
Be careful that even if you don’t use the car, after 4 years, the rubber of the timing belt will rot, and its tearing will damage the car’s engine.
How to place the timing belt kit
The teeth of the timing belt must be in their special and precise place, otherwise there will be a change in the opening and closing time of the valves. This change causes a disturbance in the car and causes damage to the car engine.
Results of timing belt tearing or bearing failure
Timing belt rupture in different cars will have different consequences. In some cars, it causes the car to shut down, and in others, it causes the valves to tilt, and as a result, the cylinder head needs to be fully opened. In some cases, it is effective in timing the opening and closing of the valves or the up and down of the pistons and causes serious damage to the car engine. For this reason, it is better to replace this part at the standard time so as not to be involved in the heavy costs of repairing the car engine.
Why should the timing belt kit be replaced at the same time?
One of the reasons that we recommend you to replace the timing belt kit (timing belt, idler and bearing timing) at once is the depreciation of all parts of the kit over time. When the belt is used and gets rotten, other parts such as bearing time and waste are also used and depreciated and are nearing the end of their useful life. For this reason, instead of replacing the belt and bearings in several stages, by purchasing a timing belt kit and replacing them at the same time, in addition to paying less for the purchase of parts, you will also pay a lower amount as wages to the mechanic and repairman of your car.
Important tips for replacing the timing belt kit
- In cars that always have more functionality than other cars, this part needs to be replaced before four years or 60,000 kilometers.
- The important thing to pay attention to when replacing the timing belt is that it is better to replace the timing belt at the same time as the complete timing belt kit.
- Timing belt and dynamo belt have equal life, so they are replaced at the same time.
Factors affecting the failure or tearing of the timing belt
The timing belt corrodes over time and eventually breaks or tears, and needs to be replaced.Therefore, we are obliged to be more sensitive and careful in the maintenance and replacement of this important and practical part, because if the timing belt breaks, the valves that hit the piston head will tilt and cause heavy costs and damages to the car.
Among the factors that cause damage or tear of the timing belt, things like Among the factors that cause damage or tear of the timing belt, things like:
- Pouring fluids on the surface of the timing belt (such as oil, grease, or antifreeze), which causes this piece to corrode.
- The misalignment of timing belts and timing belt bearings is not accurate
- The looseness of the timing belt causes it to stretch The timing belt becomes damaged, worn, cracked and torn.
- Bearing damage and debris are other factors of wear and tear of the timing belt, which causes improper and unfavorable rotation of the timing belt and eventually causes the belt to stretch and tear.
- Extreme temperature changes have a bad effect on the quality and health of the timing belt and cause damage, rotting and failure of the timing belt. Because the timing belts can only withstand the temperature of 34 to 80 degrees Celsius.
- Driving with high engine speed and frequent take-offs reduces the useful life of the timing belt.
- Failure to use the proper gear while driving is another factor in the destruction of the timing belt. If a so-called dead gear is used in the upper heads, a lot of pressure will be applied to the valves, causing disturbance in the rotation of the camshaft and eventually damaging the timing belt.
Signs of problems in the way the timing belt works
- When you notice abnormal vibration in the engine, increase the speed of your car with the help of lighter gears. If you feel abnormal vibration in the car engine, the timing belt should be checked.
- Creating problems when starting and moving the car is a sign of problems in the operation of the timing belt kit. This sign indicates that there is a problem with the accurate rotation of the crankshaft and the proper opening and closing of the gas inlet and outlet valves.
- Also, the knocking sound under the hood while driving is unusual and is probably related to the collision of the timing belt with the hood, which leads to the loosening of the timing belt.
- Too much smoke coming out of the exhaust of their cars means that the engine is under a lot of pressure to move its parts.
- Among the superficial factors in diagnosing the timing belt defect, we can point out the corrosion and decay of this part, which ultimately ends in the timing belt tearing. With this occurrence, the timely operation of the valves is disrupted, fuel and air do not enter the cylinder at a certain time and cause negative effects on the ignition and movement of the engine.
- The car not starting is one of the other signs of a problem with the timing belt, which prompts us to check this part.
- Another sign of oil leakage is from the timing belt cover or from the front of the car, and since the timing belt cover is protected by a series of bolts and nuts, oil leakage causes the timing belt to loosen.
Timing belt replacement time in different cars
Timing belt replacement time is different in different cars, for example:
In the case of Pride, this amount is up to about 50 thousand km, Peugeot 405 about 60 thousand km, Xantia about 60 thousand km, Thunder 90 about 50 thousand km, Megan car 50 thousand km, Rio about 50 thousand km, Mazda about 60 thousand km and Toyota Corolla about It is 70 thousand kilometers, it varies depending on the type and material of the timing belt.